View Single Post
cinnamonstick

Member Since Oct 2015
256 hugs
given
Default Oct 31, 2015 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossovers View Post
I have had prolonged episodes of depression since age 19. (I'm now 74.) The principal symptom I experience never appears on any of the standard lists of symptoms. I describe this symptom to my psychiatrist and therapist as a continuous feeling of being drugged, sedated, foggy. I experience the world through a sort of haze, as if I were partially anesthetized. This is not the "brain fog" usually described as affecting memory, thinking ability, or concentration. I can function quite normally but have constantly to "push through" this haze. It takes all the fun freedom out of life. My doctors assure me that this is the way I experience depression. (My scans and MRIs check out fine.) I'm interested to know of other who experience a similar symptom.
I definitely do! I also just want to tell you I am proud of you for dealing with this for so long. Visually it's like standing in an old smokey room. The way I experience it is my eyes are in front of my body, but the processing gets clogged going to my brain. You are not alone.
cinnamonstick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Lost_in_the_woods