View Single Post
rossovers

Member Since Oct 2015
Mad Nov 01, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruari View Post
That doesn't sound uncommon at all, actually. As Fizzyo said, it's probably just described differently by different people. I feel a heaviness and yeah, foggy when I'm depressed. When it's really severe, I can sometimes dissociate--I'm there but not there, if that makes sense. It's like I'm going through my day in a haze, like I'm moving underwater. I remember only general things about my day.I usually try not to drive when I'm like that; I ran a red light this past spring when I was feeling that way and totaled my car. I'm incredibly fortunate the other person and I weren't seriously hurt.

Is it possibly a sort of dissociation? I'm just tossing it out there.
I have explored dissociation, and I may suffer from a form of it, though I never really feel as if I'm outside my body and looking at it, the characteristic often associated with this disorder. Rather it's a straightforward feeling of being sedated--or maybe groggy in the way you might feel after being suddenly awakened from a long afternoon nap. I've recently had a sleep study but still awaiting the report after 3 weeks! I was well for 16 years on 20 mg of Prozac, but it suddenly stopped working. My psychiatrist and I are moving to higher doses of Prozac to try that. I've never taken a dose higher than 40 and never for more than a month.
rossovers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
24Moondust24, Fizzyo