amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
Default Nov 03, 2015 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_S View Post
No I wasn't upset. I am just frustrated and anxious.

It's not that I don't know the details. As I write I know in the back of my mind my insurance case manager has an idea in his head of what he wants to see written there and I am supposed to

a. know what that criteria is
b. meet that criteria
c. have evidence to support the fact that I meet that criteria

I don't have a helpful case manager. I have a case manager who keeps me in the dark unless I explicitly ask him a direct question. Even then half the time i don't get a straight answer. Anything I say he tries to twist that into something to invalidate my claim and order me back to my desk. I get panic attacks just seeing his number show up on my phone.

All of this is just ridiculously anxiety inducing to have to write and guess what I am supposed to say.

It's not unlike someone holding a gun to your head and saying "ok, in my mind I am thinking of a number between ONE and TEN..."

I don't think anyone can write well under those kinds of conditions.

And a constant worry that I am writing things that are at best a waste of my time, or even worse may invalidate my claim completely:

a. not of any use/irrelevant
b. things that he can twist into something to dispute my claim

For example i could type this :

"using the computer for more than 30 mins at a time is exhausting and I have to stop"

And he could just say "Oh, so you CAN use a computer and do work? Great, time to return to work."

This just makes my hands freeze and I cant' type anything.

I keep looking for samples on the www and there's nothing. I am quite shocked about that.
I see. heres an idea go to the library reference section, get the DSM 5. this is the book that has all the recognized mental disorders in the USA and the criteria for it. this way you dont have to know the criteria. you can just look it up and then its just a matter of whether whether you feel you meet that criteria or not. if so write down which of the criteria you met and why you think you meet that criteria...
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote