View Single Post
Marty_S

Member Since Aug 2015
Default Nov 05, 2015 at 06:03 PM

Wow. That is a lot of detail.

I am not looking for ways my workplace can accommodate anxiety however. I am actually looking for detailed explanation of how anxiety symptoms (like nausea, vomiting, diarhea, disorientation) make a return to the workplace unrealistic/impossible right now.

For example, if I can involuntarily vomit, or have a bowel movement at any moment, it's not a good idea to go into an office place, surround yourself with co-workers, and put yourself into a high activity, high stress work day. That's a recipe for a disaster. Not to mention, that's not conducive to getting any better.

My case manager has the idea in his head that no matter what my symptoms are or how uncomfortable I am, it's not a reason not to go into work. Despite the fact that three licensed medical doctors all advise me to remain home until I have GAD under better control.

I find anxiety similar to a stomach flu. This is not something you take into a workplace. You are drowsy, confused, throwing up, and wetting your pants all day long. That does not belong in a professional office building.

I don't think my case manager is a jerk either. But I do think he underestimates the severity of the problem. He won't even say anxiety or generalized anxiety disorder. He insists on calling my absence "work stress." In all dialogues I have had with him he dismisses anything I have to say about GAD and changes the conversation into work stress.

Last edited by Marty_S; Nov 05, 2015 at 06:54 PM..
Marty_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
(JD)