View Single Post
Gracey
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2005
Default Aug 08, 2007 at 11:29 AM

The question was asked in another thread about a Luna, and rather than hijack that thread, I thought I'd start a new one.

My initial response was to the letter to P&G, and I made the comment that I don't deal with pads or tampons anymore since I got my Luna. Ray asked me what a Luna was. . .so here we go.

The Luna cup, Diva cup are alternatives to pads and tampons for your cycles. They work along a similar theory of the diaphram - think CUP. It covers your cervix, catches the blood internally in it's little cup, and you empty it, rinse it and resuse. They are made of silicone, very soft, very supple, and come in various sizes. Also, you can use the cup for up to 10 hours at a time!! Much better than six for a tampon and "until messy" for pads. Additionally, my experience has been that I've had less infection issues since switching to the luna.. .probably has a lot to do with NOT having wet, warm cotton shoved. . .ahem. . .up north.

There is also a disposable cup on the market currently called Instead. I keep a box of these at my office just in case I get caught by surprise. They are constructed similarly, however, with the Instead since it doesn't have a "stem" and is simply a pliable cup, you can actually have s*x during your cycle. No mess. Spouse can't feel it either. How awesome is that? Finally! Finally, someone got smart!