Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 09, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patagonia View Post
I've been on an avalanche of meds for 26 yrs. I've chosen to go off meds in February of this year. I take a good supply of vitamins & minerals & now work w/an endocrinologist to keep my hypo thyroid in check better.
If you are this miserable, then perhaps being off medication is not working for you. Are you in talk therapy? It sounds like you really need to talk to a professional about how you are feeling and how you can start getting more out of your life.

The idea that "everyone else seems happy" is also probably inaccurate. You and your husband are both limiting yourself to "surface" conversations, but it does not sound like he is happy either. I mean, how could he be? You both are missing out on what a marriage is supposed to be about. And, like you say, your kids are starting to realize the effects of your mental illness. As the child of a mentally ill mother, I can tell you that the kids absolutely see and are affected by more than you realize! The best thing you can do for both yourself and your family is to get the professional help you need to treat your mental illness. If you're miserable, you are not helping anyone just by being "there." They don't just need meals and clean clothes; they need "you." You need "you." Even if you need to take some time away from the family in order to get treatment, that is better than staying there miserable and unengaged.
scorpiosis37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eeyorestail, lizardlady, marmaduke