Thread: Losing friends
View Single Post
popuri88

Member Since Aug 2015
Default Nov 10, 2015 at 10:24 AM

I guess it happens, it's up to you to evaluate the situation. You wrote on another thread that friendship can be found in unexpected places, right?

I used to have a group of 4 friends from elementary school. We grew together, but grew apart and I didn't feel comfortable around them anymore because we were absolutely different: we didn't go to the same places, didn't have the same hobbies or the same humour. There was nothing to keep us friends anymore besides feeling that those people were trustful.

As I was the "different one", I ended up straying. They tried to reach me, invited me to hang out, but there was no space. This also happened during my early teenage years when my MH issues started to bloom, you get it. These friends, one of them specifically, pressured me a lot, messaged me telling they'd give up on me and that they were tired to be the only one to call and to ask me out... which made me feel bad AND guilty for not wanting to be around them. But I couldn't tolerate the conversation gaps, they making fun (in a harmless way, though) of my tastes or looks.

I'm 25 now. A few months ago I was contacted again under the same playful "guilty trip" tone, which made me wonder if I was purposely isolating myself for making no efforts to keep this friendship. It's so hard to find people you can REALLY trust and I know I could trust them, we grew up together, but I couldn't bond anymore. To be very honest, even though I consider them nice people, I don't regret it at all.

Last edited by popuri88; Nov 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM..
popuri88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
littleowl2006

Thanks for this!
littleowl2006