View Single Post
DBTDiva
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2015
147 hugs
given
Unhappy Nov 16, 2015 at 05:03 PM

Hey all,

I post on the BPD & Relationship boards a lot but I need some help related to my depression. I guess it's closer now to dysthymia but I think it would probably qualify as "treatment resistant." There seems to be a glass ceiling of sorts I just can't break through to a world without depression. I have been depressed for as long as I can remember, my parents took me to a therapist the first time when I was 9. I do mostly ok now. I function at about at 7 on a scale of 1-10. I come to work, only called in once in 11 months because of depression which is HUGE. It's never happened before. I take 25 mg/day of nortryptiline (Pamelor) which handles my anxiety and anger really well. I take Wellbutrin 150mg/day which mostly handles the depression. I also take a lot of vitamins and supplements for fatigue. I've had my thryoid tested and my fatigue is not due to that. I eat fairly healthy and I'm trying to make myself start working out again but it's tough. I'm having difficulty finding motivation.

I know I feel better when I work out regularly. Since I got this 8-4:30 job it's tough to make myself get up and work out at 5am. The alarm goes off at 5am and it used to be that I would snooze the alarm at first. Now I wake up before the alarm goes off, but I don't get up, I still snooze it. I lie there and wonder why I'm not getting up, like I'm not in control of it. I roll out of bed at the last possible second, which means on days like today I spend over an hour lying in bed, mostly awake, wondering why I'm not motivated to move or work out. It occurred to me today that I might be depressed and that's the reason I'm not getting up. Sometimes I get full-on depressed where I just don't care about anything, that usually lasts about a day or two. Mostly it's just that everything takes too much energy and I can't bring myself to do it all. I can do the dishes but I can't do the dishes and mop the floor both. I'm so frustrated because it just feels like I'm barely functioning and I really want to just live normally, as a person who can get up and go to work and then actually do something in the evening too. Summer of 2014 my doctor and I tried adjusting my meds but it ended up Wellbutrin is the lesser of all evils. SSRIs don't work for me at all and effexor gave me insomnia so I could only take it 3 days before feeling absolutely insane due to lack of sleep.

I'm afraid this may just be my life at this point. I may have to accept I will always have limitations. It really upsets me to think that though. How do you get motivated when you have no motivation???

Living well in recovery from mental illness is possible!
DBTDiva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200325, RomanSunburn, Skeezyks