View Single Post
musinglizzy
Magnate

Member Since May 2014
782 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 16, 2015 at 06:51 PM

I haven't been able to read ALL the replies yet (I keep getting called away...sick kid!) but I wanted to say I do relate to this. My T and I had quite a disagreement, actually, about the thought of letting me leave in a bad place. This was happening.... and I would dissociate and once even ended up sitting in a snow bank in a neighboring parking lot with a frozen bum after session. NO idea how I got there. What would have happened if I had been driving?? So it took me awhile, but I finally told her about this, and that I needed to be in a good place when I left, and could we maybe spend the last 10 minutes of a session on a more light hearted topic. She thought I had issues with time boundaries, and wasn't wanting to leave at the end of a session. NOT the case. I didn't want to be upset or dissociated at the end of a session, for my safety! She did not believe me. It's as if she thought I was trying to milk her for more time at the end. So since then, i've been able to "stay present" by watching the clock....and now THIS drives her crazy, but I am out the door exactly when my session is to end. She hates that I watch the clock now.... but, I needed to take matters into my own hands and let her know it was NOT because I didn't want to leave. Watching the clock has given me something to focus on so I stay present.

Hugs from:
Anonymous40413, Cinnamon_Stick, Favorite Jeans

Thanks for this!
Favorite Jeans, Rose76, SkyscraperMeow