Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2011
198 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 17, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Hello DBTDiva: Well... you've certainly described my life. I'm not on the med's you're on. And I'm an older person now. So I suppose that makes a difference. But as far as having the motivation to do things... forget it (except for being here on PsychCentral!) From my perspective, it sounds as though you're doing pretty darn well. Maybe it is just a situation where you are simply expecting more out of yourself than you are able to deliver at this point... especially given the med's you're on. I've taken SSRI's or SNRI's in the past & they always took the starch out of me, as they say. I also find that this time of year, it becomes even more difficult to get up, get out, & do what needs to be done. Of course, I live in the north &, today, it's cold, overcast, & raining. That makes it doubly difficult to get going. So I guess I don't have any particularly useful suggestions as to how to get motivated when you have no motivation. I would just suggest that, perhaps, you might just try not to expect too much of yourself. It sounds to me like, all things considered, you're doing pretty well.
Well, you described my life, too. Down to the whole laying in bed like a lump before dashing at the last possible moment.

Skeezyks - I'm currently in Minneapolis. So dreary out!!

And, yes, Central Time it's dark by 4:30. I HATE IT.
lavendersage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks