View Single Post
jaymoq

Member Since Jun 2015
5 hugs
given
Default Nov 18, 2015 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighands View Post
Sorry you're suffering with this jaymoq. This is obviosuly a tough thing to deal with. I'm sure that you've noticed this issue discussed here lately.

These things are very age, health, medicine dependent. Can you tell us your ages and if there are any mental or physical health issues that could be having an effect on the relationship?
Definitely. Currently, I am 26. He is 35. I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, which I do know can be taxing on a relationship, but the symptoms have been present for its entirety. It was actually moving in that seemed to stifle things this time. I do not have any physical health issues. He has had a lapband surgery but is otherwise in good health. He does get testosterone injections weekly. In terms of functioning, he has never had any issue there. It is getting him interested in intimacy where the problem starts. He would much rather watch tv or sleep than be physical with me. He stays up so late that by the time he comes to bed, he is too exhausted to do anything else but sleep. That can be frustrating.

As far as past relationships, I have dated men in excellent physical health that were 1 year older than me to 5 years older than me in varying health and continue to find that their sexual interests are typically much lower than mine.

I know that eventually, my libido will decrease, but in the meantime, I am struggling to maintain this relationship or any other based on the physical appetite of the mates I seem to pick. Even as a younger woman at 20, I dated a 21 year old male and he told me was "getting too old" and was not interested in sex anymore. I have had men ask me "Have your other boyfriends ever had a problem with how often you like sex?"

Is wanting to have sex 2-3 times a week really that strange? Is being honest about my expectations or desires selfish of me? Am I putting way too much emphasis on sexual compatibility?