seeker1950
Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2005
1,580 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Asylum...hun...
Your opening to this thread says it all..."self esteem/promiscuity"....I think I am the queen of low self-esteem and have entered into many relationships with the idea that I was loved only to discover it was all about the sex. I'm age 56, old enough to be your mother, and the things I'm saying to you are what I would say to my own daughter! You will gain nothing from engaging in sexual promiscuity. It only results in hurt...at least on your part! From personal experience, I made big mistakes thinking ...and even after long periods of non-sexual dating...that it was okay to become sexually involved, thinking it would evolve to love between both parties. It didn't! At other times, I just recklessly entered into the sexual arena way too soon, feeling immense attraction and thinking the other person did too! Very disastrous emotionally.
As my WV mountain grandpa used to say, "Don't cast your pearls before swine!" Contain yourself, and keep your dignity. It's not worth it to give yourself away!
love
Patty
seeker1950 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote