View Single Post
Anonymous50006

Default Dec 02, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrustacean View Post
Perhaps he could just see a general therapist for anxiety. His anxiety around sex must stem from deeper issues, including his Catholic upbringing, that could be addressed with regular therapy.
That makes sense. I just don't know how to convince him to see someone on his own. I've suggested it before for other reasons. He perceives asking for help as a weakness and tends to get angry if I try to help him with something. And he was the one that strongly suggested that I go back to therapy for the sake of our relationship. But I need help and he doesn't apparently? I don't know how to convince him he's not a failure or anything for asking for help.

And because of his past (losing his dream job because of being a so-called screw up), he takes every perceived failure very personally, including sexual "failures". I would think therapy would help him process this and move on from losing his job which happened years ago. I know he went to a therapist when his job was at risk. Maybe because it didn't help him then he doesn't believe in it now? I don't know.

Maybe all he needs is a few week break from sex. If the issues aren't getting better over winter break, I'll see if I can convince him to talk to a therapist. I mean, since I'm required to, it doesn't seem unreasonable for him to as well.

Last edited by Anonymous50006; Dec 02, 2015 at 12:37 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote