View Single Post
emmajenko

Member Since Dec 2015
Angry Dec 02, 2015 at 08:33 AM

Hi everyone,
I am an 18 year old female and have been on almost every antipsychotic/antidepressant imaginable over the last 4 years. Diagnosed with schizo-affective bipolar 1 disorder. Before I was put on any meds I was underweight at 45kg due to underlying eating disorders. Whilst being on seroquel my weight went up to 75kg! This was completely distressing to me and I developed bulimia and still lost no weight with an extremely restrictive diet (similar to pre-seroquel). 6 months ago I was taken off the meds I was on which was seroquel 500mg along with lamictal. Since then I have dropped back to 60kg with minimal effort. I have not been doing any extra exercise but have been eating fairly healthily. I have found that seroquel will completely stop you from being able to lose the weight you want to NO MATTER what you do be it starving or overexcercing nothing worked for me! Weight loss has slowed now as I feel as if I am reaching my natural weight and I am going to start an exercise plan to tone up as seroquel seems to have left me with a lot of flab!

Good luck to everyone going through this horrible experience of a drug!
emmajenko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote