View Single Post
continuosly blue
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
55 hugs
given
Default Dec 05, 2015 at 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=RxQueen875;4794590]My guess is you won't be stable unless you get sober. You're stuck in a cycle right now and self medicating. "Is there a right time to quit?" Well, there's never a wrong time. When I was drinking I would always say "oh I can't quit now, I'd have the shakes at work!" Then next wk I would be going through some chrisis so I couldn't quit then.[QUOTE]

--------------Of course an addict will always come up with some kind of excuse. That's the nature of the beast.

[QUOTE] I just woke up one day and said "ok I'm sick of this ****" and had my bf drive me to detox before I chickened out. Yea I had to put my life on hold but I've been sober for 6 months now. Some may say you have to hit rock bottom. But I see some hit rock bottom like 5 times already for real lol. [QUOTE]

--------------If you can get into a rehab I think that's the best. Some people have been to 20 rehabs and then the 21st worked. Very lucky to get that far. Some went to an AA meeting and got sober right then and there with their support.
Also everybody's bottom is different. You don't have to lose everything before you can get better. You really have to "hit bottom" mentally and WANT to get better. Otherwise the bottom you hit may be dirt , six feet from the surface.

*Disclaimer * Anything I have posted is strictly my own personal opinion or experience , and is in no way, shape, or form
meant to portray a professional assesment of any kind.
CB
continuosly blue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote