View Single Post
cashart10
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2013
3,076 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 08, 2015 at 09:00 PM

Well my appt today actually went pretty well. My pdoc claimed that the reason he didn't mention the drug interaction was because he knew how I metabolized meds and that I would be fine. He then told me to cut my Klonapin in half from 2MG to 1MG as the Clozaril is sedating so there was no reason to remain on 2MG. I have my doubts about his knowledge of this though. I also told him that everything I had read stated that blood work was required weekly but that he was prescribing it biweekly. To that he said basically that he thought they had moved away from one week to two weeks but that if I felt more comfortable he would prescribe it every 1 week. So he did. He said the few times he had prescribed this medicine he had no problems from his patients and given the way I metabolize meds, he didn't forsee it a problem for me either (even though it seems to me the issue with this med would have nothing to do with how one metabolizes meds...just saying). He asked me to text him tomorrow to tell him how it went and if I noticed any side effects. I just took 50MG a few minutes ago for the very first time. We shall see. Also, upon reading the prescription, it appears to be a two week, not a three week taper up.

One more question, I thought I read somewhere that not only did the doctor and pharmacist have to be registered to prescribe and fill this med but also that the patient had to sign something. I never signed anything. Is this true for any/all of you already taking the drug?

Every finger in the room is pointing at me
I want to spit in their faces then I get afraid of what that could bring
I got a bowling ball in my stomach I got a desert in my mouth
Figures that my courage would choose to sell out now

Tori Amos ~ Crucify

Dx: Schizoaffective Disorder
cashart10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow