yagr
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2015
1,121 hugs
given
Default Dec 16, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruh roh View Post
Oh, how I wish you could see my therapist.
So do I my friend, so do I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruh roh View Post
I love your idea about the languages. What I can't tell from here is how they think, and how flexible their minds are or how open they would be to being shown what you mean. If they're entrenched in a particular view of the mind, then that's a problem. I might float it as an analogy, and if there were traction and one of them seemed intrigued, suggest such a session or even a portion of a session to experience it.

So much of it depends on their own views of the mind. Pushing too hard is risky (but you don't come across that way). I would probably approach with curiosity, looking for clarity on both sides, hoping they would reciprocate.
Well, I've been seeing them for a bit now and I really think my therapist would be uncomfortable with the idea, but I think, if only from an academic point of view, my pdoc couldn't refuse. It's a dog and pony show but I really don't think he could resist out of professional curiosity. The part that bothers me is that I am convinced that once successful, he would misinterpret my motives as being almost Trump-esque, when in actuality, he left me with few options. That might leave me in the frying pan instead of the fire...little improvement in actual communication.

I really appreciate the response, I was hoping you'd return to this thread prior to me seeing him. Sincere thanks for your input.
yagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ruh roh