Thread: Detransitioning
View Single Post
Anonymous48690

Default Dec 19, 2015 at 01:43 AM

Okay, I've run across a few threads, articles, and videos about detransitioning. I actually never heard of that concept till just then. I always thought of it as a one-way street just because a person is trapped....I can identify.

It seems that those who went through the transition and then changed their minds either missed being their assigned gender, wasn't what they thought it was, or it was too much work.

I can see where one thinking that they'd be happy as an opposite gender only to come to find out that they were delusional and wanted back, but isn't that what therapy is for, to bring up these things before transitioning? I've never had this kind of therapy, so I don't know.

There was one transgender woman that said being a woman was too much work and that she's going back to be a man, so would you say that he wasn't transgendered?

I just find it like they changed for the wrong reasons- that's a hard way to learn something about yourself. It's amazing how we can pick and choose gender now a days, and it's going to be even easier in the future.

I hope that I didn't step on anyone's toes. I'm just shocked that such a life changing decision can be made wrong.

Has anyone have any thoughts about this? Words of wisdom to express?

Last edited by Anonymous48690; Dec 19, 2015 at 02:01 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37780, Skeezyks