View Single Post
yagr
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2015
1,121 hugs
given
Default Dec 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Actually ruh roh, I didn't post an update because I wasn't convinced anyone would be checking back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruh roh View Post
I'm guessing your therapist isn't going to be more open about this since you haven't posted an update, but just in case...I came across a list of criteria for the dx you've been handed and thought of you: "This enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior must deviate markedly from the expectations of the individual's culture." (Schizotypal Personality Disorder).
*nods* Yeah, my version uses the term subculture but ultimately the same. Anyway, he surprised me and despite asking to talk about this next session, he avoided it completely. Instead, he focused on the brace/sling on my arm and how it was affecting daily functioning in relation to our work and relationship with the boss/landlord.

My wife works on a horse ranch and I help where I can. One thing that I almost always do is drive the tractor around for her while she feeds the sixty-five horses. She can't reach the pedals without coming off the seat and the tractor has a built in safety feature that shuts it off if the driver leaves the seat - so she simply can't do it.

He knows things are tense with the boss, but didn't know how tense until yesterday so he simply took off exploring that. I let him. No sense pushing the stream...it'll get there when it gets there. Anywho, because of the holidays, I don't see him for another few weeks - all in all it was win-win for me.
yagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ruh roh

Thanks for this!
kecanoe, ruh roh