View Single Post
SoScorpio

Member Since Oct 2015
13 hugs
given
Default Dec 21, 2015 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand. View Post
It kinda sounds like you may simply be a strong introvert. Nothing disordered about that. It sounds like you would prefer a stimulating conversation with one person, especially if you know them. Maybe not all the time, but sometimes is nice.

Don't get me wrong, you may have some other stuff going on as well. I'm just not sure if it's SPD =)

You could be an INTx in myers Briggs. INTPs in particular can be quirky in their own right. They like puzzles and just figuring out whatever interests them. Maybe look up some INTP profiles (there are a few and they'll give different insights).
INTPs aren't the most common personality, so we can definitely feel like the odd one out. We process information and interact with the world differently than most.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I feel like I'm so close. Not SPD, but is there something almost like it? The pieces are there...
I've taken a few of the Myers-Briggs tests. Not the paid one because yeah... not going to spend money on that unless my therapist gives it to me during a session. But I did a few of the free ones to try to balance out the results, I always got INFP or INTJ I think it was, but I feel that I function much more on perceptions than rationalizations, which is what I think the "J", Judging, is for?
Yeah, looking at the overviews again, I'd say that INFP probably fits me best, I suck at my own relationships but am known for being able to watch a fight between other people and stop them and show them exactly where they went wrong and why they're mad at each other. And that's more about perception than logic, because people get mad because of what they perceive in what the other person said.
INTJ is a possibility but I'm not very good at sticking to things, or making decisions. I do plan the hell out of everything though, and have even considered being an architect, which is the nickname for INTJs apparently.

But whatever variations I get, I'm sure about the I and the F. My boyfriend on the other hand almost definitely has a T and a J, though he thinks all quizzes are pointless and refuses to honestly answer any of the ones I've tried to get him to do.

"Being a part of the Diplomat (NF) personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments."
Definitely sounds like me. I guess I'm lucky really, because being a Scorpio, if my intent isn't pure, I can go down a really bad path really quickly. That's described as one of the struggles Scorpios always have, choosing purity of heart over practicality and rewards. It's just hard because it seems like no one else understands your intent, and assumes you have an ulterior motive. And sometimes you do. And sometimes it just gets tiring, fighting for "good" and "peace" and all those intangible things that everyone keeps trying to convince you aren't real.
SoScorpio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote