View Single Post
Cat_Lover_58
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2015
124 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2015 at 07:02 PM

Hi Aspirealoha,

I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone. My college age twin girls up and left, or started to pack, last Tuesday, a few days before Christmas. Long story short, I let them down in a big way. I was trying to protect them, but as they told me, I should have been up front with them.

I've worked part-time at the same job for almost 3.5 years. It's never enough to get rent and utilities paid. The car payment/repairs was eating me alive.

I had problems with the car, couldn't drive to work and so I resigned. My boss would take me back in a minute, but the drive is almost 20 miles. So...

I had more going out than coming in, and now it's even worse. The landlord was ready to evict us and that was the biggest reason the girls left. I was keeping it quiet that the rent was almost 2 months behind. Lesson learned!

I know our circumstances are not the same, but the feelings of grief and loss are. I think she'll come around. I see my kids and they understand but still are leery, this just happened after all. They've moved back to their dad and stepmom's house close by.

I paid the rent today. They gave me the rent money so I could stay a bit. I am looking into lower cost housing. It's a mess, but I'll make it through. You will too. Just put one foot in front of the other and take good care of yourself.

Hugs, Cat
Cat_Lover_58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
aspirealoha, spondiferous