View Single Post
SoScorpio

Member Since Oct 2015
13 hugs
given
Default Dec 29, 2015 at 11:55 AM

You know what I've been thinking about... it's kinda silly, but I'm re-reading The Hunger Games trilogy, and I'm trying to diagnose Katniss.
If you've only seen the movies it probably won't make sense, but I think she may very well have SPD. She doesn't really seem to need people, or like needing them. But then I realized, that's probably just because of the life she leads. She can't trust anyone, she feeds her own family. By the end of the series it becomes clear she has strong emotions, loyalty and love, but they rarely come out.
What's interesting to me is I could see myself being like her. If I lived like that, basically in the 3rd world, and had those responsibilities thrust on me, and the constant threat of the Games discouraging me from having a family, I think I'd be just like her. I see that as the inner struggle she goes through, learning to trust and love. And like what I've heard of people with SPD, she does have one person she cares about fiercely: her sister.

But it struck me in an odd way. At first I thought she might have SPD, then I realized it was probably just circumstances that made her act that way.
Might it be the same for me? I don't have SPD, but there is something else in my life that makes me seem that way?

I should look into other PDs I guess. Haven't read the details but "avoidant" is probably one of the top five words you could use to describe me.
SoScorpio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote