View Single Post
specialneedsmom

Member Since Aug 2015
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 05, 2016 at 04:03 PM

I am wondering why so many parents are closed off to the idea of getting their young kids together with someone else for a playdate. I am talking about parents supervising their kids playing together for maybe one hour. When my daughter was a toddler, I would ask everyone I knew if they wanted to get together for a playdate, and nine out of ten would say no. They weren't even open to meeting on the playground for 15 minutes after pre school. Now that I have 8 month old twins, I don't want to go through this again. So, I am not going to enroll them in the same pre school because of the unfriendly environment.

But I am also curious because many parents also complain their child has no social skills, could there be a connection? If they don't organize playtime with their child with other kids, perhaps this is the reason for their child's lack of social ability?

My daughter has tons of friends now in first grade, and I think it is specifically because I took her lots of places where she could play with other kids.
specialneedsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote