View Single Post
specialneedsmom

Member Since Aug 2015
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 05, 2016 at 06:31 PM

School is a structured environment and there is some free playtime during the day for the kids, but its not all of the day.

My daughter wanted to connect with kids outside of school and the parents always said no. I would ask if they wanted to meet at McDonald's, or just play on the playground after school. They would act weird about it and say no thanks. These same parents complain that their kids have no social skills. I also wonder why the parents have no interest in small talk with other parents whose children attend the same school. We don't have to be BFFs but sharing information about the school and teachers can be helpful at times. I guess since my child is very extroverted, she needed a better environment more suited to that. And I'm guessing my twins will have the same personality, more or less. So I'm looking for a type of pre school or mother's day our program for kids that encourages socialization. Not sure where to find that. I guess I could ask people for references on "friendly" pre schools.
specialneedsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote