View Single Post
specialneedsmom

Member Since Aug 2015
1 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2016 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagrace View Post
I don't know. I raised three boys and don't remember ever arranging "play dates" for any of them. They romped about the neighborhood with the other neighborhood kids, they played with kids at church, they were involved in scouting or sports, etc. I never saw the need to arrange specific social interactions for my kids when there were opportunities for them to naturally find friends and have fun on their own.
Yes, you had three boys. They had each other . If you had an "only child" I can assure you it would have been different. An only child comes home to a house with no other kids. The parent has to work harder to find other parents who are willing to let their kids play with their child.

Your post is a perfect example of what I am talking about: parents of more than one child do not understand the struggle of parents who have only children.

Also, since your boys were involved in scouts and sports, then these social interactions were arranged by you, weren't they? So it seems that you did arrange things so your children could meet and play with other kids.
specialneedsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote