View Single Post
cloudyn808

Member Since May 2015
457 hugs
given
Default Jan 10, 2016 at 05:01 PM

Aloha Dave,

Well, I'm really sorry that nothing has worked for you. If anyone understands, I do...that's why I replied. You are not alone with your frustration and sense of hopelessness. For me, I'd do anything for just a little relief.

Too bad you're not a candidate for ECT- I've seen it work miracles. I did try it despite a cardiac condition but it didn't work. I've also tried rTMS, Ketamine, T3(pure thyroid hormones) and every other therapy available here in the US (except for Deep Brain Stimulation) which is not an option. Acupuncture actually offers me 24-hours of minor relief- whatever works?!

One treatment for folks like us who have not responded to anything else is called "California Rocket Fuel" It's a combo of Mirtazapine and Effexor- Just thought I would bring it up-

Because I've spent the last 7-years researching treatments for "Endogenous Depression" (biological depression) which is what I have, I've learned a few things. Depression due to biology is different than "Exogenous Depression" (situational) and responds differently to various therapies. It's taken me a year but I've found a physician who is willing to prescribe an MAOI drug (Nardil.) It's an old but effective drug for those of us which who are out of options.

I sure hope you find some relief- Living with debilitating, long standing depression feels to me like being a hamster running non-stop on a wheel, and never getting anywhere...

C-PTSD
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

RX:FINALLY- found a doc to prescribe an MAOI!!
Nardil (MAOI)
Lithium
Remeron 15mg
K-pin 0.5 mg/night
Levothyroxine
cloudyn808 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
EnglishDave, MO715