View Single Post
barx

Member Since Jul 2013
2 hugs
given
Default Jan 16, 2016 at 01:37 AM

Thanks for everyone's insight.

I've been able to get a little more information from him. He says that he wants to work things out. He says that he's been a bit unhappy for a while due to the constant conflict/arguing. He says that he's ready to make a change in life, as in move, however he's not sure if he wants to stay local or if he wants to move to another area. And, he's not sure how he feels about his job anymore. He's ready for a change.

In the past, he has mentioned that he was ready for a change and wanted to move, but it seemed to be in passing and only briefly mentioned, that I didn't really give it much thought. I didn't hear about it again until these last couple of days. Being bored and ready for a change at work is new to me though. He's never mentioned anything remotely close to being bored about work.

As far as us arguing a lot, I understand that. I too am tired of it, but I don't see it getting any better as long as he refuses to communicate for one reason or another. Therefor, negative feelings just sit and fester until a blow up happens between us. The blow up is usually me. It's usually because he's shut me out before he gives me a fair chance to talk things through as it essentially only takes one perceived cross word, before he shuts me out. To him, couples or people in general, don't talk about things that are anything other than good things about each other. The idea that couples actually do talk about things that bother them, gets lost on him. He takes it as an attack on him, instead of a learning and growth moment for our marriage. I welcome him to discuss difficult things with me as well but he doesn't.
barx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote