View Single Post
Teddy:)

Member Since Nov 2013
23 hugs
given
Confused Jan 18, 2016 at 06:12 AM

Do you believe that a client/therapist relationship is a 50/50 ownership? By this I mean should it always be the client that has to reflect and work towards changing their reactions and behaviors or should it be a joint thing where each party take ownership for the part they played in the conflicts and fractures to the relationship?

I ask this because I feel as though I'm always the one who has apparently misunderstood and jumped to conclusions- I'm not saying I haven't at times and I'm fully aware that I'm the one who decided to enter therapy to work on such issues, but I find there are times where I'm the one who has made the poor choice or im the one who needs to think about things better.

Dont get me wrong, i really like my T and i think for the most part we have an awesome theraputic relationship, its just at times when im expressing my dislike at something T did or said, i feel really invalidated, like I'm the one who's wrong and I'm the one who needs to apologize.
I feel like my emotions surrounding situations relating to the T/client relationship aren't accepted as being valid- they are just seen as delusional. Maybe I'm a little sensitive but I can feel it really bothering me

How would you approach this with your T
Teddy:) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote