Community Liaison

Member Since Oct 2014
426 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2016 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesigningWoman View Post
Everyone thinks I am crazy. Maybe I am. Who goes into teaching little kids when she is over 30 and has a career job? I definitely want to teach in a public school too. So, I gave up my secure full time job with benefits to go back to school to learn to be a teacher. Honestly, without the onset of the bipolar I never would have. I would have remained at a job I loathed until I retired a bitter old lady someday. Basically the mania pushed me, gave me the courage/insanity to take huge risk. While I am committed to staying on meds/out of the psych unit, I guess in a way i am thankful to my mental illness.
I'm glad you're doing better, and I don't think you're crazy at all. Getting out of a job you loathe and pursuing a career you want is very sane-- and takes some real courage. Teaching is more rewarding than I can express-- and you're going to make a great teacher!

Stay calm, be kind, have hope, love lots, and be well.

"Listen to the deep voice of your soul. Do not be distracted by the voice of your mind." -- Caitlin Matthews[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Mountainbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote