Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Jan 19, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggler View Post
Hi Vital,

I found SNAP club and I am very excited to see where it takes me...The thing is, I have only recently acknowledged that I even AM depressed. What has been taking over my life for the past six years (more and more as time went on) is my issues with binge eating. I so badly want to stop, and I was wondering if you believe that SNAP club could help me stop. I understand that you have said it helps you recognize how many decisions we make, but can it help me stop this destructive habit? I'm really hoping so. I'll admit that it feels as if the depression is behind some of the eating, and then that the rest is just habit. But from what you have posted, it sounds as if you think that the habit part of it is also driven by the depression.

I am desperate and ready to try this, but I just can't take another heartbreak when it comes to trying to stop binging. I have put so much effort into changing for good, but it's just so hard to say no to urges when they come up. I have said, "This is really it--I'm done binging" so many times I have lost count. My weight gain, along with the fact that I feel like no matter what I do I will still binge, has me feeling so low all the time. I feel close to freedom, and yet so far away. I feel very trapped in this.

Do you think SNAP club can help, or do you have any advice?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Hi Squiggler,

I think it's a good idea. Feel free to PM me.

- vital