Magnate

Member Since Aug 2014
121 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2016 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Owl View Post
I think the connection can develop slowly.
I hope so, I like her and she's nice, maybe I feel she's too nice and I'm too damaged. Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echos Myron View Post
I agree, it was the same for me when I started seeing T2. The consistency was alien and I equated the appropriate boundaries with a lack of connection.
But actually as time has gone on its been incredibily helpful to have a different type of relationship. T2 never brings drama into the relationship and he always owns up when he's in the wrong. I don't feel as strongly about him as I do T1, even though I've worked with him longer than T1, but I've come to appreciate the relationship and use it in the most beneficial way.
I think the testing of your new T is a very natural development in the relationship. Ride it out. If she's a good T, the relationship will probably benefit and that can only be good for your therapy.
Thank you. I keep telling myself not to compare with old T because look how that worked out in the end. I think she's expecting the testing and she has even said she won;t close her file on me but will follow up because going to T will be difficult. I'm glad things are working out for you.
JaneTennison1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote