View Single Post
Khione

Member Since Apr 2014
10 hugs
given
Default Jan 30, 2016 at 10:20 PM

So this summer, me and my boyfriend had a plan of moving cities when he went to University. I have been in and out of education and my plan was to enroll at the near by college and work part time and he was going to go to University and use his loans for his half of the rent and all that kind of stuff. We had been planning it for a few months, my mum wasn't bothered by it. His parents don't entirely approve of me because of my mental health - which I completely understand. I've put my boyfriend through hell in the last 2 years.

Anyway, so he told his parents and they very much didn't agree. His mum apparently ended up crying and his dad really didn't like the idea of us living together. Their idea is that he needs to go and experience life without me. We're both 18, 19 when we'd be moving, and they feel it's way too young. I was on Skype with him and his mum came in unaware I could hear everything she was saying and she was worried I was manipulating him through my mental health and that he was only planning to live with me so I could leave home (I have a bad family/home life). Long story short, it's not happening anymore and we're spending a year apart.

I don't know how to deal with this. I'm not on meds right now, nor do I have any professional help - I used to but the lady I saw suddenly stopped working and my anxiety has me putting off calling and getting someone else to see me - I'm also worried about spending the next year with my mum.

The atmosphere in my house is pretty horrendous to live in, I'm home alone for about 8 hours and then my mum comes home from work, gets changed and then goes to my grandmas house for another 3 or 4 hours and then comes home and goes to bed. I have a dog which means I can't just sleep all day or go on my PC and play video games so I find it depressing sat in my living room with nothing to do. My anxiety stops me from going out and there isn't anything I can do in my house.

Leaving home and moving in with my boyfriend was my way of escaping here and now that's not happening I've gotten really scared. I'm trying to be strong and act like an adult about it because I know his parents just want the best for him and they're right in a way. But at the same time, I have no idea how I'm going to cope.

I've applied to my local college but that doesn't start until September.

Ugh.

Hugs from:
Anonymous37780