View Single Post
TryingToMoveForward

Member Since Nov 2015
5 hugs
given
Default Jan 31, 2016 at 11:45 AM

But I would like one. I just seem to be unable to establish goals, or to at least achieve them. They are always so scattered and seemingly impossible to achieve.

I want to go back to grad school, but mental impairments and financial strain are preventing me from achieving this goal and I'm not sure how to go about solving these problems.

I want DBT but I don't have access to this therapy technique. But I definitely want to improve my symptoms and actually enjoy life, live and thrive instead of suffer and exist on autopilot.

I want healthy relationships but no idea how to have them. It would be nice to meet a longterm partner, but right now I know I would sabotage my relationship. I really don't know what to do about this.

I need to get my license, and was going to work on it then started having seizure like symptoms and now I'm not even allowed to drive at all for a while.

All these things are kind of...everywhere and in-concrete in my mind. They are more ideas than goals, because I haven't figured out how to make them into achievable goals yet. And didn't exactly get any guidance from my old therapist. She had me make goals but we never discussed them and I felt like I didn't really accomplish anything in a years worth of time. Then again, I got my new diagnoses at the end of our time together, so we didn't know we had those things to work on.

I really can't see a future at all. It's vague, undefined and basically nonexistent. Right now I just living, struggling, to get through each day, each week, each month. There isn't any mental space to think about the future.

Be uniquely you, because you are a beautiful person regardless of whatever diagnosis you have.

Bipolar Type II with Psychotic Features
PTSD with Dissociative Features
Borderline Personality Disorder
ADD
Social Phobia
Creative Writer and Artist
Genderfluid

TryingToMoveForward is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200440, growlycat, TishaBuv