View Single Post
tiger8

Member Since Jul 2015
7 hugs
given
Default Feb 05, 2016 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out There View Post
Sustained trauma from my Mother ( until her death ) emotional neglect and rejection , verbal abuse and repetitive trauma into adulthood usually in the form of inappropriate responses. The Pete Walker book I mentioned talks about the traumatologist John Brere , who says the DSM could be reduced to the size of a small pamphlet.
Thanks.

Haha wait say more on the latter sentence. I mean, explain it more.

Hmm, in my case, I can't say it was trauma per se. It's hard to understand actually. It was something about not being able to get involved in my new high school back then. So I just got disconnected into my own little "bubble" which was a terrible experience but not traumatic as no one tried to harm me or anything. People were actually pretty nice at that new high school. Just no real interactions like in the previous high school even though those interactions there mostly consisted of conflict. I enjoyed even that conflict stuff more than this total non-involvement. The other thing contributing to me becoming full blown SPD (trait-wise at least) was a problem with my experiences in a romantic relationship -being pretty much a beginner at the whole thing- but it was not traumatic again, I just had the same issue of not getting involved... Hmm weird anyway.
tiger8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote