View Single Post
Anonymous200547

Default Feb 06, 2016 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryprince View Post
...I know I can't set standards for others but if I set aside so much of my time to help you and I get nothing in return, and I still have to struggle alone, then that friendship isn't balanced.

You say that they mustn't or they're not obliged to help me and I just don't like viewing things like that. It's very unfair that friends and people always come to me when they're upset and tell me things in detail but I can't get that from them. Like I'm only meant to listen to others' problems and tell them what they want to hear.

I agree with you. This is called reciprocity, and it is the basis of human interactions. But this reciprocity is not absolutely tit-for-tat one-by-one. I think it is balanced in the long run. I also agree that telling someone about suicidal thoughts is not easy to handle. Your friend told you to come and do some night adventure. To me she was trying to help, but not the way you expected.

By the way, what do you expect your friends to respond in such occasions? Sometimes your own expectations might get in the way.

Another question, aside from this suicidal thought one time thing, how are your friends with you? Do you have fun together? What if you ask them about something less serious, like about relationships or everyday life?

If they are not there for you in your good times at least, then may be you need to reconsider your relationship with them. But the fact that you take things personally even in your work, tells me that there is more that can be done.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
starryprince

Thanks for this!
pbutton, starryprince, Trippin2.0