divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 07, 2016 at 09:28 PM

I do some activities alone.

I would probably feel awkward if it was romantically inclined place like if I went to dance alone and had no one to dance with or something, other than that who cares. I was single most of my adulthood so I had to do things alone and it didn't bother me. Most of the time at least. It probably bothered me at times.

I think our society is obsessed that everyone needs to be paired up.

Every time I think of it I remember my grandmothers funeral.

We were very close and i was devastated. I was single at the time and my daughter who was a teen then lived with me but was overseas on a trip with her dad. We burry next day it maximum two days so she couldn't arrive back.

. We were all arriving to a funeral home separately as obviously we don't all live together. We then drove to a cemetery and then all went to shiva.

Funeral director bugged me the whole time why am I alone why I am driving alone why I came alone etc etc he kept saying he didn't want me to drive to cemetery alone and wanted me to ride with my parents, it didn't make any sense as we then all had to go to my aunts abs then somebody would have to drive me back to get my car!!! He kept saying he felt bad for me.

OMG I was at grandmother funeral! Not at dance party.

I was clearly upset with puffy eyes I was with my family etc and somehow it was a problem I was not paired up with someone!!!!

Go outdoors and do whatever you like doing. No need to feel awkward let alone to sit at home. I also have to say that many people you see together might be actually miserable. They might want to be alone and envy you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote