View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,749 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2016 at 04:21 PM

I started taking more gabapentin today to help me get through my very severe anxiety/sensitivity to everything right now. And what they told me was kind of interesting. Gabapentin binds to the same receptors that klonopin does which is why it is so good for anxiety (but it is not addictive like klonopin). So if klonopin is really effective for you gabapentin is likely to work well for you as well.

So far it is helping a tiny bit and staying in my room, under my weighted blanket and with ear plugs in is helping a lot more. I did do one group today and about 10 minutes of another so I think I accomplished a lot and maybe the gabapentin gets some credit.

Now if people would just stop telling me that seroquel and clozaril are fairly similar and the transition shouldn't be that bad. It could be worse. It could be much, much worse. But it is unpleasant, my doctors say that is completely normal, and it's going to get worse over the next couple days probably as we rapidly get off the Seroquel.

I''m going to be here for about a week to 10 days more. I'm kind of interested in how much gabapentin I'll be on by then, especially since Clozaril is really not very sedating to me. I'm starting at 200 twice a day PRN and 800 at bedtime (I used to take 400 at bedtime). I'm betting close to 800 PRN or scheduled during the day and 1200 at bedtime. We'll see.

Hugs from:
Nammu