View Single Post
SkyBluePink

Member Since Aug 2015
Default Feb 08, 2016 at 06:19 PM

I wasn't sure if I should continue this in my other thread, but I decided to start a new one since it is (technically) about a new topic.

I posted yesterday about my adopted son's love of his stuffed animals and his penchant of using them to convey his opinions and ideas, as well as the fact that his therapist considers this a bad idea. I later decided to drop her and find someone else who can understand my son more, so today I thought would be my LR's last session with her.

DH and I dropped him off around lunch and went to pick him up an hour later, but when we got there he was in tears. I'm feeling emotional just writing this. It turns out his therapist took his toys away for the entirety of the session so as to force him to speak for himself. I am so unspeakably angry at her, but at least now I know I made the right decision.

What I really need help on is: LR has been unconsolable since then. We immediately returned Sergeant Bear and Raccoon to him, but I think the damage has been done. It's been ten-ish hours since we came home and he's still crying uncontrollably. I honestly don't know what to do, I'm in tears. DH has tried everything and I'm scared to do anything in case I upset him more. Someone please tell me what to do...

I know as a parent it's my job to handle my son by myself, but right now I feel less like a parent and more like a failure. I think if this continues I might have some sort of break down, and I just can't handle his heart-broken expression. The therapist completely destroyed any progress we made with LR, and now he's convinced that we'll take away his stuffies at any moment.

This was very pointless, I just need some help.
SkyBluePink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Artchic528