View Single Post
DisfunctionJunction

Member Since Feb 2016
144 hugs
given
Default Feb 21, 2016 at 12:37 AM

EGad! For me that would be a death cocktail. So let try to understand... You just moved to a high altitude and the docs put you on 3 new meds at once? Effexor can cause weird sudden drops in blood pressure and carries high cardiovascular risks! Trazadone and Vistarial are both used in hospitals as generally prescribed sleep aids, so being on both seems kinda redundant unless Trazadone is actually an effective antidepressant for you... They also both effect blood pressure! Plus they both carry risks of respiratory depression! All three combined puts you at high fall and severe dehydration risks... High altitudes can similarly effect your cardiovascular and respiratory systems... I won't even start about my feeling on neurontin (cuz this post would be at least 3xs as long) Do you have chronic high blood pressure that is not already treated medically? I'm not trying to scare you, I'm honestly just concerned if your docs considered, weighed, and informed you how this combo may effect you physically and if you don't have a GP there yet....are they/ you or anyone monitoring your blood pressure? O2? Creatine and ketones? I'm glad to hear that your mood overall has improved, that is a good sign! but the fact that you are having bad mood swings daily , suddenly, and at random times of day could be related to the physical side effects, possibly. You did mention they kept you longer than usual in ward, which hopefully was to make sure that your major physical systems were remaining or reregulating to steady and stable... But that is in a controlled environment... Outside..schedules, eating, sleep fluctuates more. It is just the nature of outside variables and chaos.. Hope you are doing ok and PLEASE HYDRATE! For Serious. I know your not itching to go back to hospital esp one that you had a bad experience at. but if you are really feeling wonky at least go to the nearest urgent care and get a work up. In the meantime, it might be helpful to keep a daily health journal. Maybe you will be able to find correlation between the fluctuations in mood as related to physical symptoms, schedule stress changes calorie fluid intake etc. I have done this in the past and have found it extremely helpful to figuring out and identifying if I am in someway causing the mood flux or if the Meds need tweaking... Hope this is helpful sorry if I got a bit preachy there.
DisfunctionJunction is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bathroomscrubber

Thanks for this!
bathroomscrubber, bipolar angel, kecanoe