View Single Post
schry

Member Since Feb 2016
Default Feb 21, 2016 at 01:50 AM

In early December of last year I came off of taking seroquel and have lost a great deal of weight so far. Before that I was taking 300 mg of seroquel for about a year and a half, and during that time I packed on a significant amount of weight. In addition to the seroquel, I also take celexa at 40 mg and wellbutrin at 400 mg.

Shortly after stopping the seroquel, I had more energy than normal, so I started exercising regularly, but only for about a month before I went back to my usual routine. Within that time frame of a month I lost about 9 pounds. I gradually began to stop exercising as much, but since then my weight has continued to decrease without much effort on my part. I started to notice that my clothes were becoming much looser and had to start wearing a belt! Last week I saw my pdoc, and she was surprised to see the amount of weight I lost since I last saw here - a total of 22 pounds so far.

For me, the tough part was getting off of the seroquel. Gradually tapering it down over time was the key. Each time I tapered it to a lower level, I could definitely feel it, but the worst was about 3 days after I completely stopped it altogether. What made it difficult was mainly physical symptoms as opposed to anything emotional. My hands and feet were very itchy - and this feeling wasn't just a normal itch, it felt very tingly and strange. Moreover, nausea, feeling lightheaded, sweating, and dizziness were definitely there, but it was doable.
schry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote