Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
752 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 29, 2016 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ33 View Post
If only I knew about this before I went into therapy, I doubt I would have gone.
Same here.

Quote:
Hi. These feelings went beyond anything I could have ever imagined, not healthy at all.
Same here. Intrusive thoughts, obsession, preoccupation, addiction.

Quote:
I was in a no win situation, it was pain if I saw her as I couldn't be with her outside therapy, pain when I wasn't with her, and huge pain when it all ended so sudden.
Same here.

Quote:
Hi. I think some things should be explained to clients before therapy begins.
Same here.

Quote:
Hi. My vulnerability allowed me to connect on a deep level in which gave me a taste of what I needed, only it was in a hired friend who will one day drop me. I never did understand how this could help me develop better relationships outside therapy when the outcome is going to be I'm suddenly dropped, abandoned. If anything it has made me more resilient to opening up to relationships due to the most painful experience of being abandoned by someone who is pretending to be your friend.
For me there was a connection, but I still don't know the nature of it. Friend-no. Mate-no. Parent-no. What? Yea the abandonment was lethal for me too. Seemed to confirm all my worst fears about being beyond hope, defective, forever alienated and excluded, intimacy = pain. I found the whole thing like a cruel practical joke, almost a mockery of my core wounds and shame.
BudFox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37904, Miri22, SalingerEsme, Takeshi

Thanks for this!
newmelcsw, SalingerEsme, ScottJ33, Takeshi