View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 04, 2016 at 05:49 PM

Hello Althuzia: Thank you for sharing your struggle. I've never been diagnosed as having AVPD. In fact I've never been diagnosed as having anything in particular although I've seen quite a few mental health professionals over the years. I'm an older person. And I think, at some point, they just give up. Perhaps it's not such a bad thing... But I am almost completely solitary at this point, by choice. For the most part, I'm content to be so. (I do also have a dog I walk.) Being older does, I think, make keeping to oneself easier. Still there are times when I wish I did have a bit more social contact in my life. But then I think that, even if I put forth the effort to make it happen, once it did I'd wish I had just kept to myself. I'm glad you are finding success in your job & are working toward returning to school. I wish you great success. These endeavors may create new opportunities for socialization, should you wish to pursue them.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote