View Single Post
missbella
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2010
814 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2016 at 04:22 PM

I've had to frame, re-frame, discuss, and blog about an unhappy therapy experience for a long time, and still continue to reinterpret events and my participation in them. The experience remains fresher and far more imposing than difficulties with my family and childhood. I also feel my evolution through this process has taught me many "lessons" about myself and life.

I received little help from therapists themselves who only seemed uncomfortable discussing a colleague. One used my sessions to dissuade me against filing a complaint and actually had me repeat after her: "he wasn't a bad therapist; it was a bad match." There was little relevant reading offered from the profession, less for consumers.

Most professional reactions to my experiences and blog are sadly comical, analyzing and diagnosing me, invalidating, making omniscient assumptions about what happened. They convince me that many in the profession are terrified of the topic.

So I'd disagree that revisiting a painful therapy is a cul de sac, quite the opposite. I found peer support my most valuable resource in understanding and validating myself following a harmful therapy experience.
TELL: Therapy Exploitation Link Line

I'm so sorry after the agony of leaving #1 that you have to sort this out. Wishing you peace and comfort.
missbella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote