Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2011
198 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2016 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatedsoul View Post
have you tried taking up a musical instrument...?

it helps me... i played the guitar for years but because of my avpd stuff i tend to do it alone... which is fine, its for me - ya know?
i started playing guitar when i was 4-5 years old.. i dont know many songs because my memory ... i keep forgetting them all.. but its really nice to be able to pick it up and play around with it if even just for a few minutes...

now days they have musical software for the computer so you dont even have to buy an instrument... can play around with musical sounds on the computer - thats what i have been doing mostly recently...

i read in previous post of yours that you said music makes you feel good...
so i was just wondering if maybe you would be interested in taking it up... your never too old to learn to play music - just for yourself - dont have to go on stage and impress the world or anything...

i use the software called Fruity Loops... its great... but there are more out there..
learning how to make it work can be challenging in the beginning so maybe there is a more simple software that you could get started with / just to play around with..

just wanted to say that - many hugs...

im no superstar myself and im not like the best musician in the world, but if you enjoy it then it doesnt matter how good you are..
thanks elevated - I appreciate your hugs and words. Unfortunately, I don't have the mental stability to try and learn an instrument right now.

One of the biggest loves in my life has always been (since I was 6yo), reading. These past 7-8 years I simply can't focus my brain for any length of time on it; I used to read a book a week. I haven't read a book in almost 8 years. If I cn't focus long enough to do something that for me was as natural and needed as breathing....learning an instrument is a non-starter.

I do love love love music though. And, thankfully, listening to it still brings me great joy.
lavendersage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear