View Single Post
ECHOES
Legendary

Member Since Aug 2007
1,021 hugs
given
Default Sep 06, 2007 at 09:48 PM

Well, you know from my posts that I do feel small sometimes in there. I noticed tonight that the closer I feel toward her, the more connected, the more cared for, the more likely I am to feel small.

I have been wondering the last 2 sessions... I have always worn a sweatshirt jacket in there. I used to have it with me because I rode the bus and the bus was often cold, especially cold if it I got wet from rain! I wear this sweatshirt jacket at work all the time because I sit near an a/c vent. I like having it and I do feel wrapped in a blanket, as it is very soft on the inside. Often I have found myself (probably driving her nuts!) absent-mindedly, repeatedly doing ZZZZIIIPP / unzip, ZZZZIIIPPP / unzip, ZIP ZIP ZIP... So I'll stop it. But then my crossed leg gets going, bouncing, BOINGY, BOINGY, BOINGY. I'm afraid she's going to meet me at the door next time with a jacket of her own to put on....straight... So, anyway, the last 2 sessions the room has become increasingly warmer as time passed and has ended up pretty hot by the end of the session. It's cool/cold when I go in. Once she did say she'd turned the a/c back. (I said Thank God! I thought they were hot flashes coming back!!) Wondering if she's trying to get me out of my wrap at the same time as we're working on getting me out of my wrapped up place where I am. Symbolic emerging? Co-emerging?

Beeswax is a neat idea, sister! I like that. Thanks for sharing that!

I have often been on the verge of asking if I could pace while we talk. Sometimes it is so hard to just sit still! (and to be looked at for so long!).

Today in session when I felt small it felt good for a change, not overwhelming or shameful. It increased the feeling of connectedness for me. Very warm feeling. And I made her laugh. I LOVE it when she laughs!
ECHOES is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote