View Single Post
eversad

Member Since Feb 2016
10 hugs
given
Cool Mar 25, 2016 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprenotimmature View Post
I find that if I try to study for a test (rarely even bother) I feel SUPER unsettled then I end up inside a trash can. This sounds ridiculous because it is. Any advice?
Finding the source of this anxiety could help a lot. Is it the fear of failure? Or a lack of interest in your topic? Or just test taking in general.

What works for me is finding a way of studying that relieves anxiety for me. Listening to music (particularly r&b) while i just start with one mini chapter helps. Drawings, mindmaps and interactive flashcards for terms helps with me.

For subjects like math, I start with the basic concept and then take a break when i feel I understand it.

Take frequent breaks and give yourself lots of time to study for this test. Start early. Just start with the easy stuff and take a break at every hour max, or every half an hour, then go back to it when you feel ready.

Sticking it in there will help a lot. Try to find out what type of learner you are too. I also find watching netflix while i'm doing easy tasks like re-writing notes soothing too. I know it sounds distracting but it can help relieve anxiety

Audrey,
IB student
eversad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Espurr1989