vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Mar 30, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DechanDawa View Post
I don't know who came up with the theory behind Snap!Club, but it seems to be the key to everything. I hesitate to even talk about it because I might sound like an idiot I am such a big fan. I now see that during this last depression I stopped making decisions big and small and I procrastinated, and presently I have a lot of big decisions to make...like how much money I should be pouring into my old vehicle...where I should move to...whether I should continue to live alone or live with housemates...what kind of job I should go for next. It is like I let my decision making muscle get weak and now that I need to use it -- it feels strained. So I am kind of suffering right now, but I need Snap!Club -- as a life line. I don't want to ever get in this position again. I truly don't recognize who I have become. I was always a very proactive, competitive person. A major depression can leave us flattened. I just wanted to say that doing Snap!Club is probably the most important thing I am doing now in my life. I use it to eat well, exercise, keep my environment clean, make "to-do" lists, and challenge myself to approach all the bigger decisions. I snap to get out the door. I snap to make a phone call. I need to do a lot more snapping. I am thinking of going and getting one of those clickers, since I have a hard time snapping my fingers. But really, now when I say snap there is like a little explosion in my brain...full of color and lighting bolts and stars. I feel Snap!Club is a tool that could change the world -- okay, the mental health and wellness world -- but for some reason it is kind of still a secret. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hi DechanDawa,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I can tell that you really get it. I especially love what you say about color and lightning bolts and stars . As you say, it still is a little bit of a secret, even though it is steadily spreading and Brigham and Women's Hospital just asked me to present it to a third round of patients, so I think that the professionals are catching on too. It's understandable that it's a bit of a secret, though. It sounds like it's kind of a random nice coping thing to do - one of many possible ways to feel better, but not a huge deal. What's been missed, I think, is that this gets directly at that heart of what's really going on when you are depressed. Even when I knew it made sense, I was still shocked and amazed at how a life-long problem that seemed inescapable could be dissolved so easily.

- vital

Hugs from:
DechanDawa

Thanks for this!
DechanDawa, Skeezyks