View Single Post
seeker1950
Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2005
1,580 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2016 at 07:40 PM

When you are hurting, trying to heal from past broken relationships, takes time. I've been there more than I care to recount here. Each time, I invested myself totally, as I expected the significant other to do, only to be used, hurt and then taking an inordinately long time to recover. That is because I empathize. Sounds like you do that also.

I made the mistake of meeting and marrying a man after a horrific "heartbreak," of which I had little insight into how it had affected my behavior toward men. I married the man because he was "safe" and I knew he wouldn't hurt me. That was a huge mistake, and I spent 20 years in it, struggling.

My advice, for the little it's worth, is to give yourself some substantial time to heal from these hurts. If you choose to meet men, first and foremost, listen to your "inner voice"...something we tend to ignore in hope that it will be all beautiful. If there are red flags, pay attention to them. In my case, I ignored them, and now I look back, realizing I spent far too much of my precious time and emotional energy trying to make something bad work. You may think, as I did, well, I've spent this amount of time with this person, months, years even. Can I just walk away now! By gosh, yes you can! You don't even owe much of an explanation if you feel it's not right. You are a person with free will, and you can choose to walk away.
seeker1950 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
emijec

Thanks for this!
emijec