View Single Post
Raynaadi
Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2007 at 02:27 PM

Ok, here's the deal. I've gained quite a bit of weight since my diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. A mixture of fatigue and depression keeps me from doing much of anything physical. But....this leads to even more body aches, and more stumbling because my body isn't strong.

For awhile, I was being really good about doing my 20 minute Pilates DVD ever day or every other day, but that got boring and I quit doing. Well....a friend of mine gave me 4 more DVD's of Mari's Windsor Pilates. They focus on different parts of the body. I finally did the upper body workout today.

So....this is what I need help with ladies. I need people on my rear end about keeping up with this. Since I'm here daily, I'll see this thread. You guys can help cheer me on.

This is important not only so I'll look and feel better, but also for my MS. If I continue to do Pilates, my body gets stronger, and I have more chance of fighting the onset of MS. The Pilates are just about all I can do because I don't get overheated. I can swim too, but its easier to guilt myself into doing the Pilates because I don't have to leave my apartment to do it.

So this is my outreach. This is my asking for people to remind me that I need to keep up with this. Pilates can safely be done every day, but my goal to start is at least 3 times a week. There's not much reason I can't do it daily, if time permits.

So....help me keep this thread alive because I see it every day, and I'll hopefully pay more attention to this then to notes I might leave for myself, and its MUCH harder to make excuses to other people than it is myself.

So.....you ladies down to help me?