View Single Post
Guest4

Default Sep 14, 2007 at 05:02 PM

Pinksoil,
Do you think that your T’s vacation made you become more independent? Or do you think that you still have the feelings but are numb and can’t feel them? I think this can happen when you unconsciously suppress feelings (like feelings of anger at your T not being there??) If your T now told you that it was time to decrease your amount of time, do you think you would then painfully feel the emotions?

Please forgive me if I am way off the mark! I just ask because I deal with this issue a lot and at times feel totally alone. When I am not feeling an emotion that I think I should be feeling, that I know I feel somewhere down deep, it really bothers me. I start intellectualizing about possible answers to no end.

I have read a few books on emotional intelligence and it was really interesting. It described the brain as having two parts – emotional and cognitive. It spoke about how difficult it can be when the two parts don’t operate harmoniously. Your post made me think of this because it seems that emotionally you don’t feel the attachment that you did before and you are cognitively trying to figure out why.

Take care! I hope your session is fruitful.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote